I find myself wading through the unpleasant effects of jet-lag once again after returning from my European trails. Everytime I fly I am reminded how much I dislike being crammed in an ariplane and the accompanying sleeplessness it provokes, yet I always seem to forget by the time my next flight rolls around.
After unpacking my bag in a record breaking thrity minutes this morning, I looked at the contents of my backpack (which amounted only to a small pile; one load of laundry, three visibly well worn guidebooks, my camera, and several handfulls of gifts for family and friends) and thought "that's it? I did it!".
I think I was amazed at how little I had to show for two months away, because the most significant things are treasured up in my thoughts, my journals, my sketches, my pictures, and ingrained deeper I guess. They will take longer to unpack and sort through. But in that way my journey is not over, but really only just continuing with different surroundings, and I like that way of seeing it much better than thinking this is the end.
2 comments:
Blog form indeed.... you have been busy I see. Dana - it's good to "see you around." I don't have your e - so mine is my last name @hotmail.com.
Hey Dana- glad you made it home safely! I have loved reading your stories of Europe, and I look forward to the next chapter of your life! Hope you rest well, and find lots of opportunity to remember your experiences.
Post a Comment