Gimmelwald, Switzerland
I am leaving the Alps today. It was a great 5 days here, refreshing and full of adventure (hiking, eating fresh yogurt, and more hiking).
I decided to go out with a bang, so I went up the mountain on a cable car and ate breakfast in a revolving restaurant at 10, 000 feet. Best 75 dollars I have spent in a while. What a view that was, it made the mountain I spent all day climbing earlier this week look like an anthill. Aside from making me feel humble and small, it was wonderful to sit there for two hours eating Swiss Cheese (one of the thousands of Swiss cheeses, not the kind with holes in it like we would assume at home), drinking coffee and reflecting on life and my travels.
In one week and a day I will be home. I look forward to that, yet I continue to soak in the richness of this journey. I spent yesterday afternoon processing things and filled a mere 17 pages of my journal!!!
I have five minutes to get to the cable car station otherwise it is a long hike down the mountain, or else I have to wait half an hour.... so I'm out.
No comments:
Post a Comment