Holland (aka Netherlands)
Well here I am in Holland and I find myself in the heat of World Cup Fever. Footbal (or soccer as we North Americans seem to call it), is an object of great national pride in Europe, and Holland is no exception. And this is no small deal, this is World Cup action. Once every four years this event takes place... and boy when it does watch out.
Holland's team colour is Orange (which has something to do with the colour of the Royal family, as best as I can understand it at least), and so everything is ORANGE. The streets are line with brightly coloured orange streamers, that give off the appearance of a used car lot, storefront window displays are filled with orange merchandise, even some people go to the extent of buying orange cars... (how lovely for the remainder of the year!!!)
Tomorrow night is a big game Holland vs. Portugal... do or die... so I will be wearing orange cheering with the locals "Hup Holland Hup"
No comments:
Post a Comment