6.12.2006

La vita è bella

Assisi, Italy

After sleeping in very very late this morning in my private room in a quaint Itailian home-turned privat hotel I walked through the town square to purchase some fruit for the fruit salad I would make for my breakfast. With a kiwi, an apple, a pear, a melon and a box of strawberries tucked under my arm I proceeded "home" to eat.

As I walked back a shopkeeper was out washing the street in front of his shop, and kindly offered to give me a shower. I declined, and as I walked away he said to me “Buon giorno Principessa!” (Good day, Princess!). The whole time I have been in Italy I have been reminded of the movie Life is Beautiful and this was a moment that was just like the movie. Needless to say, I walked away with a big smile on my face.

No comments: