6.17.2006

fresh eggs and cowbells

Gimmelwald, Switzerland

I have successfully found a place I don`t want to leave. Neslted in the Swiss Alps is the tiny village of Gimmelwald, which is as close to traditional Switzerland as one can get. For example this morning my new found hostel/hiking friends and I hiked up the steep village street to buy some fresh eggs, milk and homemade cheese and sausage from a Swiss woman named Erika. We also had some amazing yogurt, but there will be no more of that as the cows have gone up in to graze in
the Alps for the summer, so we are out of luck (unless I stay until September). Which that in itself was quite the process to hear thrity cows walking up the mountain with their cow bells ringing the whole way.
Anyays Gimmelwald will rank high on my list of places to visit in Europe... I assure you it is worth the treck.

No comments: