6.09.2006

a sad goodbye

cinque Terre, Italy

Yesterday morning I sad goodbye to the beautiful Italian Riviera, which meant I was in one spot long enough to rest and really get to know the place. I spent five days in the peaceful Cinque Terre (Five Lands), which are five little coastal villages in a National Park, connected by hiking trails and a rustic train system. It is the type of place that looked exactly like what I imagined Italy to look like. I had heard wonderful things from friends who had been there, and it did not disappoint in the least.

It was my "Sabbatical" from travel. I sat and read a novel on the rocks while soaking up the sun (one day I managed to soak up a bit too much on my legs... ouch), ate lots of Gelato, slept in as a late as the church bell in town would let me, and just plain relaxed. It was wonderful. The thing I needed to be able to enjoy the remaining three weeks of my trip.

No comments: