I just got back from a run. It was the first time I've been running since mid-January, which makes it the longest period of time I've gone without running since I decided I actually enjoy running some five years ago. It was also a monumental run as it was the maiden voyage of my new shoes. After a good warm up I headed out, slowly at first, being attentive to how my knee was feeling. One step at a time, allowing my heel to contact first, then rolling forward to the ball of my foot pushing off with my toe. It felt amazing. As I ran I couldn't help but notice how much concentration it required to make sure each stride was done well so as to minimize the impact on my body. Hmmm... one step a time. Good principle. Focus on the step at hand with a general idea of where I'm headed, yet not worried about the remaining distance.
Upon arriving home I sat down to a lovely meal I carefully prepared prior to leaving for my run. I decided (largely in conversation with a friend earlier this week) that I eat too fast and rarely enjoy the meal. I often prepare a meal and polish it off within five minutes having barely tasted it let alone enjoyed my creation. Tonight I ate slowly, and savoured stir fry and a glass of wine, and it was great!
As I was eating I was listening to Enya and decided to read the lyrics for a change, and this song struck me;
Who can say where the road goes
Where the day flows, only time
And who can say if your love grows
As your heart chose, only time
Who can say why your heart sighs
As your love flies, only time
And who can say why your heart cries
When your love lies, only time
Who can say when the roads meet
That love might be in your heart
And who can say when the day sleeps
If the night keeps all your heart
Night keeps all your heart
Who can say if your love grows
As your heart chose
Only time
And who can say where the road goes
Where the day flows, only time
Who knows? Only time(as found on Enya's CD A Day Without Rain", written by Roma Ryan)
only time... one step at a time.
No comments:
Post a Comment