It's sunday afternoon and a successful one at that. For me a successful sunday consists of a good lunch after church, and some form of relaxating. Today I chose to finish the novel I've been less than enthused about, yet have continued to plug away at. Having that out of the way I can spend some time with my dear friend Harry Potter later this evening... ah Harry Potter, always such a delight! I also had a nap this aft, and decided the world always seems to be more alive after I wake up from a good sleep.
Earlier today I walked home from church, which is really not that far, but nonetheless it was muddy. I needed a breather and some space to clear my head after leaving my adult sunday school class feeling like a child. I don't know what was said or what happened, but at one point I was asked a question which caught me off guard and I couldn't think of anything to say. Then later I contributed my two cents worth in an attempt to regain some confidence only to be shut down. Ouch. It hurt, it was a small deal, but made me feel even smaller. So I walked home and gained some perspective and realized I was believing things that weren't true.
I guess maybe a huge part of that insecurity has to do with the fact that I am in the midst of preparing a sermon on the ten commandments (yikes!) for next sunday. I always seem to go through a cycle of confidence and insecurity before I preach. I guess it keeps me humbled and looking in the right direction.
Well now I'll finish my coffee and head out to work (no I'm not a heathen working on Sunday, but try as we might we can't convince the cows they only need food 6 days a week, and that they sould take a sabbath from producing milk). So on that note I'm off.
No comments:
Post a Comment