Instead of reading and re-reading my friends' blogs (hey there's a chance they could be online composing something brilliant as I type), and complaining that my head hurts, and drinking too much coffee...
What I should be doing right now is trying to compose a sermon. I am scheduled to speak in Church in a couple weeks, but do to the insanely busy weeks I will be experiencing prior to that this is pretty much the last minute now. Which means I am not focused on the task at hand as I need to be. To be honest, I'm having a hard time trying to figure out how to best present some of my thoughts and experiences from Europe to convey a message that can challenge and provoke others to think. It has to be more than "oh, she had a lovely time" as I don't find that to be overly helpful. I would like for it to hit home on some level.
Here's what I have so far
"Sunday, July 30, 2006
Wilmot Mennonite Church
Dana Honderich"
yeah, I got nothin'. I'm going to put my blog away and get down to business. In the mean time if you happen to be reading this and can think of some helpful questions to guide me in this "debriefing/creative" process please leave them in the question box (aka: comment section) below.
Thank you for your assistance
PS- I think I need to get glasses again, I thought my eyes were just sore from being tired and out in the sun too much lately, but I slept lots today and wasn't outside and still my computer screen looks blurry, perhaps this helps explain the headaches too? Argh!
3 comments:
Hey yo
I'm stoked that you are coming to Winnipeg. I'm glad that you are excited about working at CMU...I wouldn't be, but that's me and that's a story we will have to save until we have coffee!!! Let me know when you are going to be here and we will figure out a way to find each other.
Peace.
Hi "Blank Canvas" I'm Rachie's Mum
Dana Honderich said... (on Rachel's blog)
Your mom sounds great (Hi Rachel's Mom, I'm Dana, one of Rachel's friends, nice to meet you) but just one question, why is she is pirate?
Why hi Dana!
I didn't realize it until you asked, but that is a really good question! Those girlies of mine not giving enough information -- humph! You might think I'm a resident at the Loonie Bin!
The truth of the matter is, my Boo is an artist and her desire is that I become eccentric in my old age. (true story) Seeing as eccentricity is an art form, I thought I'd get started. (snicker)
The other truth of the matter is that our church was doing "SonTreasure Island" as our DVBS or Wonderfaire week for the kiddies this summer. I lead the music and well... ahem... it would NEVER do to just be my old self now would it!!?? I use every trick in the book to keep 360 kiddies attention for the 30 minutes I be hav'n them... arrrhhh.
Therefore, I play dress up and have a blast!
Having never traveled off this continent, I'm afraid I can't help you with your sermon. My only advice is to not procrastinate. Get something done this week, so you have time to review and rethink it.
Also, glasses are teh sux.
Post a Comment