In the past few days I have been reminded why summer has never been my favourite season. South Western Ontario is not the best place to be if you can't handle the heat. I can't handle the heat, but the humidity is even worse as it knocks me over faster than... well really fast. (Note: I know this area is not the only area to experience humidity, and my hat goes off to my friends Amanda and Chris in Japan as I believe they take the prize in this contest. Apparently they no longer hang their laundry out to dry as there is too much moisture in the air and it just doensn't dry... gross!)
I laugh when I hear the weather report on the radio predict another day to be "Hot, Hazy, and Humid", three words I'd rather not hear in the same sentence. Last year my Dad and I decided they should start using the word "stumid" which combines the words "sticky" and "humid" (in case you didn't get it at first, it's okay no worries), because it is quite an accurate word.
Maybe someday it will even make the dictionary or a spelling bee, but I'm not holding my breath.
To all of you who are suffering on this stumid day... I feel your pain!
No comments:
Post a Comment