7.12.2006

sound, no picture

Something tragic is occurring at the Honderich house. A beloved member of our family is on its deathbed. Our beloved TV is gasping for breath. Unlike most families in this fine country of ours, we have survived the last twenty years with only one television in our house. Yes it has caused a conflicting tense moment or two (especially during NHL primetime), but we have survived. And to add to this powerful testimony, we've had the same TV for twenty years too! I bet we could set a record for being the only people who still have to get up off the very comfortable couch to turn our TV on and off, and to adjust the volume.
I know this probably makes us sound like the typical red-neck family you'd expect from a small town, but we're not (Okay, so we are, but hey I like us!)
It's pretty brutal right now. I sit down to watch some mindless TV and am greeted by one of the following three options
a) sound, no picture
b) picture, no sound
c) picture and sound (that could fade at any given moment for no obvious reason)
As of late one of my favourite activities occurs when my sister sits down to watch TV. From anywhere in the house I hear the frustrated screams "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" as she is greeted by one of the three options above (refer to list above). The best though, is when she starts banging the sides of the TV to make the picture come back. A practice she, no doubt, picked up from watching my grandparents do the exact same thing in the past. Watching her try to revive it is almost better than watching TV in the first place.

But I think we're ready for a new one. It's time to STOP THE MADNESS.

No comments: