7.05.2006

and then it hit me

tonight I spent the evening with my brother's wedding party in preparation for a little party we're throwing for them this weekend (aka Buck n' Doe, which you should all come to if you are in South Western Ontario... call me for tickets). I don't remember exactly what I was doing at the time, but it hit me that the wedding I've been getting ready for is for my little brother. I say it again, my brother is getting married. Wow, that's so great. I love him dearly and I love Amy (my almost-sister) dearly too, what more can I ask for?
Since the wedding will be taking place outdoors here on our farm (weather permitting) there has been a great deal of wedding talk since I got home one week ago. To be honest it didn't seem real, until tonight. I'm so excited for them and admire their relationship in a lot of ways. Yet at the same time I am sad as I come to realize we are growing up, which means things are changing, and quickly too. I'm a tinge jealous as I watch them love each other the way they do (and all the cool stuff they've been getting as gifts). But on the whole I love it!
And although I'm not sure why I'm posting this... I am. I guess it's in response to the most popular question of the week ... "is it wierd for you that your younger brother is getting married before you?" Which immediately makes me think to myself "...only when people ask me if it's wierd!!!", but then I respond, "no I'm happy for him, and for them".

And honestly I am.

2 comments:

Michael LaRoy said...

that's the way it is, I guess. Growing up is "weird" all around, especially with the younger sibling stuff. For me, I guess I don't have to worry about that, being the younger sibling in my family. Maybe I should start thinking about making it "weird" for my older brother...

Anonymous said...

It is funny how life hits you from many different angles-I was thinking about you today and how you gave me your sweater to wear when I was at Fishtrap creek during the first week of school-and I thought to myself who is this incredible person-seriously, I think you are one of a kind!