1.14.2007

transatlanticism

Greetings from sunny South Africa!
Things are well here, nice and hot, which is quite a shock to the system after leaving Winnipeg and the minus twenty something blizzard last week only to step off the plane and be greeted by the African Sun.
Other than being long, the flight was as uneventful as I like flights to be, and I am now in the process of trying to catch up on sleep and overcome jet lag.
After a weekend at a retreat centre to reconnect as a group, we’ll be spending this week in beautiful homes hosted by Afrikaner (Dutch) families in Pretoria. Here we will study some South African History and visit some museums, which I’m really looking forward to.
I’ll post some pictures and more stories as the week progresses.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dana,
I cannot wait to see photos and read stories of your adventure. I am glad you are there safe and sound...was praying that all would have a great trip.
Smiles,
Tammy Sparling

Anonymous said...

Dana!
I'm so glad that you guys got there safe and sound and whatnot. I hope you're having a great time out there and know that we love you loads and that even though we're in totally different countries, experiencing totally different things right now we are praying for you and standing behind you. Say hi to everyone for me.
Love you lots, Bean

Anonymous said...

remember that time in the van going to abby when we listened to this song......? "you'll never forget this dana". You better not have!

MEG