9.26.2006

warming up these days

Winnipeg, MB
I am about to say something I didn't think I would ever say... I am warming up to Winnipeg these days. It's really a great city with a lot of diversity and loads of things to do and see. If I were to move to a city solely based on the variety of ethnic food restaurants alone, Winnipeg would be at the top of the list.

We are currently staying in the city and working with Youth With a Mission (YWAM). We will be spending the week doing an Urban Missions Adventure, which means many things from exploring the poor urban neighbourhood and mingling with its residents, as well as working in Soup Kitchens and other services that are provided in the area. It should be an intense week, but I'm looking forward to it.

I must say coming back to the city and staying in a building with heat and insulation is a nice treat after our canoe trip. I shouldn't complain though, other than one day of pretty steady "misting" type rain, we had great weather. But it was cold, funny thing about canoeing and sleeping in a tent in the fall... you get cold. All in all the student were amazing. Even those who despise the outdoors, didn’t complain and it served as a bonding experience. It was a really fun time and a great chance to get to know one another much better!

Anyways here are some pictures of what I've been up to lately (or more like the people I hang out with)

1 comment:

Sandra Plett said...

Yay for Winnipeg!! I'm glad you're enjoying the city! I too have grown to appreciate it more than I thought I would over the years. It's actually a very interesting place...and more cultural than one would think! Glad you're enjoying yourself.