Winnipeg, Manitoba
Well well I'm sitting here in a dorm room at Canadian Mennonite University, which is the most permanent home I'll know for the next three months. It's strange to hear the sounds of excited new students arriving -wide-eyed and nervous, watching as parents pull mini-vans up to the doors and begin the numberous trips it takes to move things in, and of course hearing the screams as friends reiunite after a summer apart... ah the first week of school is upon us.
For me it's a wierd experience. For the first time in 18 years I have not been a student. And to be honest I'm fine with that. I love school but I welcome the change. But at the same time I feel a bit left out. I believe yesterday was registration day at Columbia Bible College, my old school, and I caught myself wondering what I'd be doing at that point in the day if I was there. But I'm excited to be here, now. We have another week and a half before our students come, and until then I will have a lot of fun with the other site leaders, because I'm having a blast!
Oh and by the way, we went go-carting today on the fastest indoor go-carts I've ever been on, and it was so much fun. I like having fun.
I think I'll head outside to soak in yet another breath taking prarie sunset.
5 comments:
ohhh, I kind of miss "first day"! I was thinking about CBC yesterday too. I miss it, and yet I'm so glad I don't have to go through that again! But what I also miss are prairie sunsets. Enjoy them for me!
Will do, Sandra... I must confess Winnipeg is growing on me slowly but surely
I miss CBC too..me and Barbara took a walk through memory lane the other night...sniff sniff...
here's a little something to help cheer you up.
http://2425.stephenhubbard.ca/index.php?showimage=171
well, that didn't work.
instead click here
Post a Comment