9.11.2006

the magic carpet ride

Winnipeg, Manitoba
Two more big sleeps until the students arrive, or as one of my coworkers put it "that's when the magic carpet ride begins". The past three weeks of staff training have made friends out of strangers for me. It's been a time to evaluate what our roles as leaders and mentors look like, while considering what it means to be disciples ourselves. We've talked about debriefing, about asking good questions, about actually listening well to others, about what to do if (when) a crisis arises, we've shared our life stories with one another, we've learned to drive fifteen passenger vans with trailers (minus the fourteen noisy passengers), we've discussed travel plans in Canada, we've discussed travel plans for South Africa, we've ate out almost every day... it's been busy to say the least.
It's been a rich time, through and through yet there comes a time when you have to stop talking about how to be a good mentor, or how to engage in meaningful conversation.... and you just need to do it.
That's how I feel right now.
(ps I also really appreciate the people I work with, I've probably said it before but it's worth stating again)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dana;
Just so you know i'm keeping track of you & check in on you regularly. I am certain you will be awesome at what you are about to "get at". Kepp smil'n:)
Ginny

Dana L Penner said...

thanks aunt!