9.19.2006

in the same boat

Pinawa, Manitoba

Tomorrow we leave the comfort of the Wilderness Edge retreat centre and head off to Manitoba Pioneer Camp (which oddly enough is actually in Ontario) for a canoe trip. I am really looking forward to this as I love being outside with no strenuous work to be done (read: treeplanting). And canoe trips have a way of bringing people together that would otherwise be unlikely. The slight dip in the thermometer lately makes me a bit nervous... but we'll only be camping for three nights so we'll be fine. It's crazy, I don't consider myself and avid canoer by any means, but all the students in our group keep asking me all kinds of questions, so for now I'm faking it a bit. But don't worry there are trained guides that will be leading our trip, so I just get to hang out.

Over and out

4 comments:

Michael LaRoy said...

Ah, my "read: blank" technique is catching on!

Anonymous said...

Dana,

I found your blog off of the link from kathleen's. So I thought of how great you were & read a bit. I'm excited for what you're doing this year. I think my cousin is in your program - though maybe not in your group. Micah Hooge. He's tall & funny & a strapping young lad & I think about 18, fresh out of high school. He's great & I hope you know who I'm talking about otherwise this is awkward:) Just wanted to say hello & pass along a connection. Looking forward to reading more about your life,

love Megan Howie

Dana L Penner said...

First Response:
Mike... "read:blank"... is not yours... I copied it from someone else... but nice try

Second Response:
Megs... HI!!! Glad you found me. And yes I do know Micah, he's in my group and quite the character... he's great.

Michael LaRoy said...

Well, numerous peeps have copied it off me, and I have no credit to give to someone doing before me... I will maintain my originality. Perhaps it came a long way around and finally found you!