the best time to go see an animated film or a cartoon in the theatres is a Sunday afternoon matinee. there's a good chance it will be packed with children who laugh at the funniest things, and ask things like "mom what did he say?" or "dad is he going to be okay?" often enough that it makes it cute yet not too much that it's annoying. kids genuinely laughing at a movie is well worth the price of admission.
2 comments:
i first saw "finding nemo" in a movie theater with a friend in kelowna, and behind us was a mother with 2 young children.
we were shocked - SHOCKED - to hear her outright lie to her kids, when, at the beginning of the film, nemo's mom is eaten by a shark, and the little boy behind us asked "Mommy, where is the mommy fish". the saintly mother behind us responded "she's hiding, son"
LIAR!
apart from that it was a great experience. :)
Hmm, point well taken. But I wonder how/if I would try to explain death to my five year-old in a movie theatre?
(Note to self: prepare for this moment ahead of time.)
All that said, I just loved the surround sound effect of child-sized giggles that erupted from every direction as the Ice Age squirrel once again wrestled to get his hands on that acorn…
I could have turned around and watched the kids’ reactions instead of the movie itself.
Post a Comment