Let the golden year begin. At some point in history someone decided that it would be of some merit to highlight special birthdays, of course this varies from culture to culture, and family to family. One such birthday worthy of mention is the Golden Birthday (also referred to as the Champagne Birthday), this being the birthday whereby the number of years lived, corresponds with the date upon which the birthday is celebrated.
Ladies and Gentlemen, without any further ado… yesterday was my 24th birthday which springs me into a "golden" year of my life.
Here’s a list of twenty four things I want to do this year…
1.See a dolphin in its natural habitat
2. Do one thing everyday that scares me
3. Order extra side orders of toast when I go out for breakfast
4. Go to a movie in theatres by myself
5. Read The Count of Monte Cristo: the unabridged beast that it is (and finish it by April)
6. Take a picture of a plant/tree that I’ve never seen before
7. Go on wine tasting tour
8. Learn to be more relaxed
9. Do yoga at least once
10. Buy one CD a month
11. Create something that’s never been created before
12. Watch the Lord of the Rings Trilogy
13. Learn the words to three songs I love, instead of making them up as I go
14.Get a pedicure
15.Buy a 4 Liter container of Chocolate Milk and drink it all myself (pacing myself wisely of course)
16.Learn how to swim lengths properly (flip turn optional)
17.Take advantage of all-day breakfast establishments
18.Go Bungee jumping off the world’s highest bungee jump (AHHHHHHHHH)
19.Learn to drive standard
20.Wake up early enough to see 12 different sunrises
21.Read a novel in French (children’s novel will suffice)
22.Keep asking questions
23.Paint one painting and give it away to someone who will appreciate it
24.Buy one newspaper and read every single word in it
Thanks to all of you who have sent me greetings in various forms… and to the Honderich family out there… I can hear that awful birthday song in my head… and it makes me smile!!! Miss you all and love you lots.
D
3 comments:
happy birthday my dear! happy golden to you...may your wishlist be complete :)
Yes Dana...I hope it was a wonderful day, and may the year to come be filled with joy, challenges, growth, and enjoyment...especially as you complete that list. Happy Birthday
Happy Birthday Dana!!!
I do so enjoy reading your blog and keeping up with what you are doing and where you are...keep putting forth the effort as I am sure there are many of us out there who keep up with you even when you do not know it!!
Hugs,
Tammy Sparling
Post a Comment