Pioneer Ranch camp in Rocky Mountain House, AB
Every week our group meets together for an A.N.C.H.O.R meeting. This is a time for us to connect and lay out the events of the week ahead, and communicate the things that need to be communicated. Anchor is an acronym which stands for...
Announcements
News
Concerns
Humour
Obscurities
Reflections
We had an anchor meeting this morning and it was a huge encouragement to us all. As people were sharing their reflections, thoughts and things they're learning I found myself being reminded that I am a part of a really beautiful thing. People are learning and growing like crazy, and really wanting to change. That's a pretty amazing thing. To be surrounded by 18-20 year olds who really care about their lives, each other and God and want to do something about that...wow I found myself being humbled again today and amazed by the people I'm surrounded by and the glimpses I saw of their growth, which really is a gift to me.
1 comment:
SWEET! Dana...my advice to you: write down some of the positive things that they said...some of the ways that they're growing. Then, in the times where it's harder, you'll be able to look at it and remember WHY the heck you're doing this :)
Post a Comment