Rocky Mountain House, AB
We've successfully arrived at our new home after a solid two-day road trip. It was a great trip all in all, we made is safetly with nothing major to report (except for having no lights on both of our trailors...oops), and we had a lot of fun along the way.
While driving through the praries I had time to think (and lots of it), and once again I found myself amazed at this vast country of ours. I spent two full days driving through the praries, where real life tumbleweeds actually do blow accross the road like in the cartoons. Yet I now find myself sitting in a town catching glimpses of the Rockies on this sunny day, is a testimony to the diverstiy of Canada... something that still blows my mind.
In other news, my thanksgiving weekend was a success if ever a weekend has been successful. Equal parts sleeping, relaxing and turkey dinner-ing (which is a new verb if you do it as often as I did this past weekend). I feel more rested than I have in a long time, which is something to celebrate.
I'm meeting up with my good friend/tree planting foreman Brad later today and look forward to the fresh perspective he always seems to give me.
Anyways, off to enjoy this sunny day.
No comments:
Post a Comment