8.27.2006

Grass Stained Feet

When I was a wee one, a good summer day usually ended in my feet turning green as a result of having played outside in my bare feet all day. Under this simple stipulation, today was a successful summer day.

It started off waking up rested after almost 12 hours of sleep, which is rare for me, both the sheer length of my sleep as well as the feeling rested bit. Then after a bit of lounging I finally figured out how to program my first cell phone ever (argh… it’s for work… not my fault)… I went off to church where I immediately thought I recognized one of the women in the worship band. But since I often think I recognize people who I do not in fact know (a gift I’m sure I get from my mom, although thankfully not to the same extent). As it turned out it was the woman I thought it was, who was a friend at Bible College. After the service she ran up and hugged me, and commented on how weird/great it was to see me (after all I am not from here, and this was the first church I visited on the first Sunday I was here!), She had recently thought of me and wondered if she’d “ever see that girl again” (her exact words). It was a nice run-in as I too wondered how I’d ever get in touch with her, we shall catch up some time soon.

Then after a satisfying Sunday lunch we headed off to a beautiful park not far from the campus where we took advantage of this beautiful sunny summer day and played some frisbee, soccer and football.

Since my time at home this summer went by very quickly a day like today was very much welcomed. And tomorrow I get to go to another day at a job I love… well I should go wash my feet and then I’m off to play cards, peace out.

1 comment:

kathleen marie said...

Hey Dana!
Best to you starting off at the new job...I know it will be an amazing experience for you...know that I'm thinking of you in this time of new beginnings!