10.09.2007

After Girls Week.

Canmore, AB

I woke up early this morning to a beautiful sunrise over the Rocky Mountains that surround the camp where my group is staying. It was a nice way to wake up.

I realize that I have not written much this fall about my experiences. It's not on for a lack of things to write about either, because moving every week, meeting new people, and days chalked full of adventure and learning are more than enough to write about. I guess this fall I have been more engaged with the people I'm with, thus thinking to update my blog has not always been the first thought in my mind.

Last week was our girl/guy week, which means we split up all the ladies and joined up with the ladies from the other group, and the guys did the same with the other guys from other groups. It was a week focused on learning and growing in our understandings of what it means to be men and women of character and faith. Big stuff. We covered all types of things from self-image, relationships with ourselves, others and God, and sexuality. It was a meaningful week.

I'll share two moments in particular that made me feel alive.
On Saturday I took 7 girls to Sulphur Mountain in Banff to hike up. I've done this hike a few times alreday, but I still cannot help but feel alive when I'm in the mountain, hiking ad having great conversation with people I care for a great deal!

Here Jen and I pause to take a photo on our hike.
Another moment was on our last session on Friday morning. Sharon, our speaker had each of us take time to write out our dreams for our lives. It could be a small as grow a house plant, to travel around the world, or have a family. I found it to be a very encouraging and inspiring time as I was again reminded of the potential and capabilities of those I am with. I trust that I will look at their lives, not only ten years from now, but a year from now and see great character and accomplishments.
And that's something that gives me life!

Some of the group on the Johnston's Canyon Hike.

No comments: