6.20.2007

that time the power went out

The other day the power went out in this area for a couple hours. But when the power goes out one can never be sure if it will be only a few short minutes or a few days (hey it happened a few years ago from South Western Ontario to New York city "BLACKOUT!!!"). So one must prepare for the worst.

Later that day I was talking to my brother and he made the comment "My father-in-law went to the dentist today to have some work done on his teeth..."

to which I reply "Okay, carry on..."

and he adds "...the dentist put the freezing in and then the power went out..."

to which I reply "...and..."

Drew then says "... and then he had to go home. End of story, the dentist couldn't even do anything about it"

to which I reply "oooooh, that's awful, so you mean his mouth was frozen and he walked around all afternoon with that 'my face feels fat', 'gee I hope I'm not drooling right now', 'I may have bitten my tongue off and have no idea' sort of feeling all for nothing"

Drew laughs... "yeah, that's brutal isn't it"

Dana concludes "yes it certainly is, yes it certainly is"

No comments: