Winnipeg, Manitoba
Well the end of the journey is here. This weekend is grad weekend, a chance to meet parents of our students and to celebrate together. Last night I put together the final year end slideshow of pictures from the year, and it made me sad as I was feeling nostalgic. But it also made me feel honoured to know the people I do, and to have seen and done what I have as of late.
The following letter is one we were told to write during our staff training period before this year began. It was to be for a "friend" who was also starting the same job. After we finished writing we were told to hang onto this letter and read it at some point throughout the year when we needed encouragement.
It's funny how the words and advice we give to others are often the ones we need ourselves.
Dear Site Leader,
I am excited about your new job. Outtatown is a place, a space, a time and a life that will change you. In moments of fear may you trust God and your community around you. In moments of tiredness may you seek rest (really just have a nap!). In moments of doubt may you find faith and know that taking life too seriously fixes little. In moments of celebration thank God and cherish those around you. In moments of impatience, soak life in, because all too soon life will move on. In moments of frustration, laugh as hard as you can. Learn to ask better questions and to tell better stories.
Pray hard, but play even harder.
May God guide you in all you do.
Peace for the Journey,
Dana Honderich
No comments:
Post a Comment