Victoria, BC
This week I have found myself reminiscing on my trip to Europe more than I have to date. That may be partly due to the resemblance I thought I saw between some of the architecture here and what I experienced this summer in Europe, or maybe it’s the feeling I get when I am visiting somewhere for the first time. The excitement of finding a privately owned coffee shop that not only sells coffee but an atmosphere worth supporting, and a place to go to get space. I have found myself offering stories from my trip to Europe, when up until now I’ve hardly commented on it at all. Perhaps this is my way of letting those memories; the things I saw, touched, tasted and smelled, become a part of how I now see life? I don’t know what it is, but I’m glad to have been there and glad to be here now.
I watched a movie tonight that I highly recommend… “stranger than fiction”. (My only comment related to the movie: not your average Will Ferrell flick!) It made me want to buy a pad of yellow legal paper and a wooden pencil with a brand new pink eraser on the top, and find a park bench and sit down and just write and write and then write some more. I often wish I’d write more about the things I’m seeing, the people who are shaping me (for better or for worse), and what I’m learning. I guess maybe that’s what a blog is for, but I find something is lost when I type it on a computer and post it for others to read, as if I automatically censor what I am writing. I guess what I’m saying is that I want to write more.
I also want to stop coughing. Maybe trying to diagnose myself by looking up various different illness on Wikipedia is not the best way of going about finding out what’s going on with this dumb cough of mine… but I figured it was worth a shot. I doubt I have pneumonia, but my symptoms sound strikingly similar.
And in conclusion… if you have never had the privilege of visiting Victoria… make it happen!
2 comments:
Victoria is one of my very very very favorite cities, and the expensive ferry crossing is one of the things that makes me angriest in life.
Dana, Hey, this is Val, I was wondering if you are still interested and available to come to my senior discernment. Its November 16th, so like in 5 days...I know its totally last minute, but it wouldn't really be my style if it were any other way! I would really love for you to come, oh its at 10:30 till 12 in the afternoon. My number is 604.853.8741, give me a call if you can or can't make it. Thanks Dana, I love you!
Post a Comment