i've come to discover that I am the kind of person who pays attention to details. Along with that I am also the kind of person that is easily excitable. Put the two together makes for many sleepless nights. Last night was no exception, as I had the details of our flight from Jersey Island to London Gatwick ariport, then to a friend's flat somewhere in London... all running though my mind last night.
It was quite the day. We spent about 12 hours in London today, and to say we saw London is like looking at the cover of a book and saying you liked the way it ended. Nonetheless I'm thankful for the chance to see and experience that which I did!
Being the art lover that I am I was pleased to include a brief tour of the London Gallery on our itenerary. I picked five paintings I really wanted to see, and put on blinders to the rest. It was amazing to see the images I have only ever studied in a textbook, fill entire walls in front of me with their vibrant colours and life. It was inspiring to say the least.
Later on we shared a lovely evening with somefriends who are living and working in London and took in a few "must sees" in London (like Big Ben), and then headed to a quaint pub for a satisfying late-night dinner.
Well since last night was quite sleepless, I should try to sleep tonight. Tomorrow is another full day of exciting details... as we meet up with Steph, the third and final travelling companion, and then head off to France, where I get to be the interpreter/translator for our week-long stay...
alors... je vais dire "bon soir" (so.... I will say Good night)
No comments:
Post a Comment