The world often looks different to me after a deep sleep. I wake up and things have a way of sorting themselves out. And I suppose that is the best way for me to express my experience with the Iona Community this past week.
For a week I resided in medieval monastery and became a part of an international family. I slumbered long enough for some things to seemingly work themselves out (let adjusting to a new time zone, a new country, a new set of accents and a huge adrenaline release).
I now open my eyes and can't help but notice the things around me look different.
It was an inspiring week, one to breathe in the presence of the living God in a place of such ancient beauty. The natural and the man-made contrasting, yet complimented each other so harmoniously. It was a time to awaken to the changes I need to be willing to make in my own life if the experiences I have had are to be shared by others in the future. It was a place to look ahead and begin to prepare, yet find contentment in the moment. It was a reception of outrageous hospitality and unlikely friendship, and an intermingling of nature and of spiritual, a healthy marriage.
All in all it was a brilliant week, a time of chaotic rest to begin my journeys.
And to close I leave you with a Celtic poem I found written by John Stewart
As it was
As it it,
As it shall be even more
Thou triune of grace!
With the ebb
With the flow
O thou triune of Grace!
With the ebb
With the flow
No comments:
Post a Comment