12.25.2008

This past summer I read through the Gospels, each in one sitting. The following except comes from an email I wrote in response to my findings;

Jesus went from one situation to another with patience I cannot even fathom. Another thing that stuck out was the way the disciples interacted with the WORD lived out in front of them and the WORD taught to and left behind for them. After all that WORDiness around them they still didn't get it, they still doubted, they still asked childish questions. And so I too, a disciple probably don't always get it, probably ask Jesus for what he knows is not best for me, and in his Grace he patiently interacts with me too. He lets me mess up here and there, and let's me do really well here and there, and you know what... he never lets go. The WORD became flesh and moved into the neighbourhood (Peterson's words, not mine), and that's the Jesus we are trying out best to serve and live like. He came so we could "get it".

And again this year at Christmas I don't feel magically different, but I do feel up for another patient explanation from a patient teacher and lord. I will follow again because he has made a way for me to follow.
and to that I say thanks.

No comments: