Winnipeg, Manitoba
It's strange to think that it's a new year already. In summary 2007 was eventful, adventurous and another year in this journey of life for me.
Some highlights would include; spending 3 months in South Africa from January to April, living in a country with such a colourful history. In summer I found myself at home living with my family, again, for the first time in 6 years which led to a great sense of grounded-ness. I also began playing ultimate Frisbee a sport that I absolutely love. Along with that I had the rare opportunity to go on a six day canoe trip with three other young women. It was a time to work hard, and soak in the beauty of the wilderness that is so hard to come by in settings I most often find myself in. The fall was another rich experience working with the Outtatown Disicpleship school, a time to continue to grow into my role as a leader and solidify many of the things I've learned about myself.
My life has taken me many places, I've met many people and seen and done much. Again I continue to look for God at work around me and have not failed to see him.
Part of this post is to also say that in 8 days I will again be in South Africa, soaking in the wonders of South African summer. It still seems surreal to me that I've been to Africa let alone that I will be revisiting many familiar people and places.
I will be there with my group of 3 co-leaders and 26 students will be traveling for 3 months. Our time there will be composed of a variety of experiences from living in the homes of South Africans of different cultural and racial backgrounds, learning South African History from a number of speakers and museums, service work in the townships - including some time at orphanages, HIV/AIDS hospice, and general maintenance work, as well we will enjoy the sites of the beautiful country and adventures to be had by trying things like repelling, white water rafting and the world's tallest bungee jump.
I look forward to life together with my group as we continue to explore what it means to live well together as disciples of Jesus.
At this point in time I'm very much looking forward to this place!
1 comment:
safe travels dear friend. live it up!
Post a Comment