8.22.2007

summer of Cs and back to Outtatown

Winnipeg, Manitoba
After four months of the best summert I can remember in a while, I am now back in Winnipeg for my job with the Outtatown Discipleship school. For those of you that followed my blog at this time last year you may remember me posting from a different city in a different province almost every week... well get ready, the same pattern will soon unfold.
I will be in Manitoba for 3 weeks for our staff training (time to prepare for what should be another great, yet intense, year).
Then 3 more weeks in the Winnipeg area with our students including canoe tripping, downtown plunging and some great learning.
October will take us further west into Alberta and then off to BC for more life-learning, class-learning and book-learning until December at which point we take a break for Christmas. Second semester will take us to South Africa for three months as we experience the rich culture, history and scenery as we travel aorund the country.

I'm looking forward to this year but am sad that summer is over. It was a really great time for me. There were a lot of Cs involved and I'll break it down for you.
Cows - I worked for my parents on our dairy farm, and was able to see cows on a daily basis.
Cabbages - I also worked for my neighbour on his Market Vegetable farm. My duties including planting, transplanting, hoeing, weeding, and selling cabbages, cauliflower and carrots. It was a great summer job for me and I loved that I could bike to work.
Conference - I had the chance to fly to Abbotsford BC for the Mennonite Church of Canada annual conference. It was a great chance to be involved with my church.
Canoeing - nothing beats a six day canoe trip for whipping the body, mind and soul into shape. It was a great week (which you can read all about by reading down on this page).
All in all great summer of family, friends, football (as we would call soccer here in Canada) and frisbee. And then having 9 puppies to play with pretty much iced the already-very-sweet-cake.
You'd think after leaving for the 7th fall in a row I'd be a pro at it, but again yesterday I was unable to leave with dry eyes.
Here are the main reasons why leaving home never gets easier for me....

The Honderich Family.

No comments: