2.26.2008

what some people do in the name of adventure...

Bloukrans Bridge, South Africa
Some people thrive off of fear and adrenaline rushes, others are adventurous enough to try one thing every once in a while that scares them while other out there prefer to avoid fearful things. I'm not sure where I fit in the line up... but the other week I bungee jumped for the second time in my life off the WORLD'S HIGHEST Bungee Bridge... oh my.
Here are the pictures/proof of my insanity.

I wish I had someone to blame for this one, but it was all me! I was doing this to myself. This photo was taken after most of our students had already jumped, my heart was racing and I didn't really want to do it anymore... (that's the sane part of my brain speaking)

Me and the gang! Notice my smile is the most fake one of them all...

a few safety precautions before the 216m/700ft jump.

If you are an experienced bungee jumper they allow you to try your second jump backwards. For some reason I convinced myself this would not be a half bad idea... so here I am backwards balancing on my toes preparing to jump backwards off a perfectly good bridge. Oh wow. I have never been more terrified in my life. I don't know what is worse not knowing the first time around how scary it will be, or knowing the second time yet not being able to see where I was jumping?

Tada... I'm flying

okay, no I'm just falling ... fast!

I'm not going to lie to you, it was scary this time too. The sensation of falling backwards was wierd. All I could see was sky, sky, sky, sky, then all of a sudden, mountains, trees and water rushed into my vantage point. My students thought I was a hero... I still can't believe I did it!
Thank you very much! I've successfully completed my final jump. No more sleep will be lost by me or my parents.

No comments: